Thursday, January 15, 2009

What happened in Vegas?!!!

In December, Mike and I were able to go to Las Vegas for a week. Mike's mom came down and stayed with our kids, so that we could go play for a week!! It was ton's of fun! We were able to go see a couple of the NFR performance's. Which as always, were great!! We got to see a couple of hometown cowboys perform, which was nice to actually know someone in the rodeo. And we were lucky enough to meet some very nice people. We even got to run an Impact Gel Saddle Pad booth over at the South Point Casino for a few days! It was a very interesting experience. I learned that my husband can sell a pad to just about anyone!! It was fun watching him sell, and he was the entertainment for all the booths there! I'll have to post pictures of him hitting his hand with the gel and a hammer later!!! lol

We got to meet Lane Frost's parents!! How lucky are we? :) Clyde and Elsie Frost are two of the nicest people I have ever met. Thanks to Shawn Palmer, we were able to meet them, and visit with them for quit a while after one of the performances. It was a very neat experience! I enjoyed listening to their stories. (FYI - Lane's Dad is not as mean as the movie made him out to be!! Just a tidbit that I learned! :) They both were very nice, heck they even took a picture with us, Shawn and his kids!! lol

We even got my parents and Brendon to come to Vegas! Can you believe that? lol They came and stayed the weekend with us, at our little condo we stayed in. They even went to one of the NFR performance for the first time ever! They got to see what it's like trying to buy tickets out front of the Thomas and Mack!! :) Needless to say, next year they plan on coming with tickets!!! Brendon got a front row seat, while the rest of us got stuck up in the nose bleed seats! Lucky fart!! But even up there, we had a good time. After the performance, we headed over to Freemont Street. Mike, Dad, and Brendon were hoping to get a chance to duck into Glitter Gulch! But that didn't happen!!! lol After coming to Vegas for 5 years now, Mike still hasn't made it in there!

Thanks to me, Brendon got a picture with Lindsay Sears!!! (The #1 Barrel Racer!) I tried to get him to kiss her, but he wouldn't! :) I think that I embarrased him. Oops!! She was very nice and even gave him her autograph.

We, of course, had to hit The Cowboy Christmas, at the Convention Center. They wanted to go shopping, but they didn't last long. I guess all that walking wore them out!! I was able to catch a picture of Dad trying on a new cowboy hat. Although, I couldn't talk him into buying it!! I thought it looked sexy! Whatcha think Mom?


Caught ya!! Didn't know that Brendon and Dad were compolsive gamblers, did ya?!! I think they lost all of $20. High rollers those two!!!

All in all, we had a great time in Vegas! I am thankful for the time that Mike and I got to spend together. Without kids!! I love my kids, but it's always nice to get away once in awhile. I'm grateful that my mother-in-law, Kim, was able to come and stay with our kids. They enjoyed spending some quality time with Grandma!! I also had fun spending time with my parents and Brendon. Living down in Queen Creek, doesn't give us much time to spend together. I'm glad that they came, and hopefully next year we'll do it again!!!









1 comment:

Evvie Turley said...

Vegas is so much fun, especially when you can get your family to go with you. It looks and sounds like you guys had a heck of a time! I'm glad you got to get outta town....it's always so nice, especially without the kiddos!