This past week, Makena and I got to go on a fieldtrip with her class to CAC and learn all about dairy cows and good nutrition. After an hour long bus ride (to only go 30 miles!!), we were greated at the college with a movie and some fun songs from one of the intructors. The kids love the little stage they had set up to look like an old house!

The first station that we visited was one about the cows and how the milking process goes. Makena enjoyed milking the wooden cow!! Can't you tell?
.jpg)
Then we went outside to meet one of the newest members to the dairy! All the kids got to pet the calf and feel the buds where the horns will be. Then they learned all about mixing different feeds for different stages in a cows life. It was pretty interesting. I'd like to see a dairy farmer spend that much time mixing so many different feeds for his cows!!! :)
.jpg)
Then we went outside to meet one of the newest members to the dairy! All the kids got to pet the calf and feel the buds where the horns will be. Then they learned all about mixing different feeds for different stages in a cows life. It was pretty interesting. I'd like to see a dairy farmer spend that much time mixing so many different feeds for his cows!!! :)
.jpg)



1 comment:
Hey, I have a great idea. You should get a job there:) I know, I know....I'm a genius. hehe
Post a Comment