Sunday, April 19, 2009

Any One Know Where Cornville, Arizona Is?

I always thought that Cornville was only the nickname for Taylor, but who knew that there really is a Cornville, Arizona?!! We have met an awesome couple that live there. A couple of weeks ago, Tanner and Cory Bryson let us come to their home and hang out for the day. We dropped off one of our horses, for training.
My kids thought it was the best place ever, and didn't want to leave. So, I thought that I'd add these pictures to our blog so that they can remember it.







They have an old wagon on the place that was really cool. I had to get a few pictures of it! I'm in love with anything that is rustic or antique. So, of course I had to get some pictures of the wagon with my kids!! I would have gotten a family picture by it, but Mike was to busy meeting all the ropers there that day, and hanging out with Tanner! So the kids and I explored the place on our own.

















They have all kinds of fun things for kids to do there. Basketball court, trampoline, a pond with a slide and a boat to row around in, and a sand box right by the arena for the kids to play in while the parents rope! Oak Creek runs right by their home and they made the pond and put fish in it. Tyler wanted to fish, but we didn't have any rods. Maybe next trip!


They have an area set up for RV's, for any friends who want to stay over night. And a huge roping arena, with plenty of steers to rope! I don't think a day passes without a steer going through the shoot! Mike would love to move there now!

















Tanner has an Equine Hydrotherapy Pool used for rehabilitation and fitness programs. It's water comes from an artisian well, where fresh water flows into it constantly. It was so neat to watch the horses swim it. My kids thought that it was the coolest thing ever!






Mike and Tyler got to lead the horses through it. Tyler loved it! He wanted to bring all of our horses there, just so he could see if they could swim or not!!


After several hours of begging to go swimming in the pond, I gave in! I told Tyler that it was way to cold, but what does mom know?!! I made him strip down to his undies, just so he had dry clothes for afterwards! And told him to jump!!! He tried the slide first, but it didn't work, so I had him jump in off the little dock. Makena put her feet in, but would not even consider jumping in with Tyler!




This is a video of Tyler's plung into the pond. Didn't take him long to get out!!! :)



If anyone would like more information on the Bryson Ranch, look up their website @ http://www.bcrosshorses.com/. Tanner always has nice rope horses for sale and he does the hydrotherapy pool.

4 comments:

Timar Lu said...

Hey T, love the swimsuit :). Tha actually looks like a lot of fun. Take us with you next time.

Jen Johnson said...

I found your site on Jenirae's blog. I love your family pic. What a fun ranch! Kids love the the outdoors, animals, water and to run free what more could you ask for! jen j www.johnsonbunch01.blogspot.com.

Kaltaler Korner said...

Hey Anissa - I just noticed that you have a link for John Chapman's website. This is my uncle. He actually lives here in Queen Creek.

Evvie Turley said...

What a COOL place! Looks like a dream to me. :) I would love to have a place like that. A girl can dream....your kids were so cute in the water and being all amazed at everything!