Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Fun

Today was such a nice day! The weather got up to the mid 90's, which actually made for a nice warm Sunday afternoon!! We started our day off by attending our church meetings. We have the good ol early morning time, 8 a.m.!!! What ever happened to sleeping in on Sunday?!! Since we were gonna be late, again, I decided to take a couple of pictures of my kids outside this morning. It's not often I get them all 3 dressed up at the same time! Mike had to work overtime today, so it was just me and the kids all day.
After church and our usually Sunday afternoon nap! I decided to try and teach Tyler how to goat tie. My sister gave us the goat several months ago, and I've been to lazy to teach him. I think the goat is a bit to large for him, but it gave us a good laugh anyway! I know this isn't a normal Sunday activity, but at least we did it as a family!!! lol

Tyler gave it his all! And after several tries, finally got her down.

FINALLY, he got the goat tied! It took me showing him several times how to wrap the rope, but he got it done. He was so proud of himself!!! I think next time we will use our dog as the goat, she may be easier to tie!!

Tyler even had his own little cheer section! The girls laughed, and sang their football cheers for him. It was so cute!

After the goat fun, my kids wanted to get wet. The weather was very warm today, but the water was still cold! They didn't last too long in it, but at least my lawn got watered!

Ashlyn, freezing!! :)

Makena, tried to run from the camara, but she wasn't fast enough!

Tyler, trying to show off!

And of course, as they dried off, the Nintendo DS's came out. I don't think my kids can do anything without their DS's!!

We had a great day! Nothing can beat a nice quiet Sunday at home with the kids! The only thing that would of made it better, is if Mike would of been here with us today! Gotta love over time pay, but missed family time sucks!!!

1 comment:

Evvie Turley said...

Looks like SO much fun! Your yard and place is soooo nice! I'm glad you get to have fun afternoons with your kiddos with or without Dad! we'll be without Dan for most of the summer, except for weekends. It will be so weird-we've never been apart! Yikes!
Hey, I need the address to Timar's blog again. I haven't seen it since she went private even though she sent me an invite. THANKS!